Advantages and Disadvantages of Optical Fiber
Do you want to know about the Disadvantages of Optical Fiber? If you do not know about the disadvantages of optical fiber, then this post can be very useful for you. In this post, we will tell you the disadvantages of optical fiber as well as the advantages of optical fiber. But first, we will tell you only the disadvantages. So let’s start this post without any delay whose name is Advantages and Disadvantages of Optical Fiber.
Disadvantages of Optical Fiber
1. Investment: If we talk about the disadvantages of optical fiber, then the first disadvantage is an investment. If one has to take an optical fiber connection or a company has to lay optical fiber, then a lot of investment is required.
If we talk about its investment, then a consumer has to invest 5 to 6 times more in optical fiber than taking a wireless connection. Along with this, tax has to be paid on it according to the country. Due to this very few people use the internet through optical fiber.
2. Connectivity: By the way, you must know that the speed of the internet is very fast with optical fiber. But it also has another disadvantage: whenever there is any kind of defect in the optical fiber, the internet connection breaks for several hours.
Due to this a lot of trouble has to be faced. If there is an area that is not developed, then if the optical fiber connection is broken in such an area, then instead of hours it takes 1 day to restart the internet connection due to which the consumer has to face a lot of trouble.
3. Set-up: Optical fiber is much lighter and at the same time, it is also very strong. But setting it up is a much more difficult task. If a new person wants to set it up, then he cannot set it under any circumstances. It takes a lot of experience to set it up.
If for some reason some fault occurs in the fiber cable, even a common man cannot fix it. At the same time, in any other connection or cable, a common person can also work to a great extent. This point adds to disadvantages of optical fiber.
4. Cable Flexibility: Optical fiber is not flexible like other types of cables. If this optical fiber is bent even a little, it can break. Apart from this, it can also get damaged if it is bent. Due to this the internet connection may be interrupted.
5. Power: Extra power is required to use optical fiber. Motherboards connected by optical fiber always need to power electricity. Whereas in any other wireless connection, any type of system does not require extra electricity. If there is no electricity, then the Internet cannot be used by optical fiber. This point adds to disadvantages of optical fiber.
6. Flexibility in use: Although the speed of the Internet increases manifold by optical fiber, it cannot be used everywhere. The area to be used is determined. It cannot be used in an area other than the designated area. At the same time, its designated area is very less. On average, its designated area varies from 10 meters to about 20 meters.
Advantages of Optical Fiber
Friends, as we have told you the advantages above, in the same way, we tell the advantage of optical fiber.
1. The most important thing about optical fiber is that it is very light and thin so that you can use it anywhere, anytime.
2. This optical fiber is very helpful in having a very fast continuous internet connection which stores a lot of data in one place over an incredible distance.
3. Most people in the world use optical fiber to connect the internet from one place to another, it is very good and safe too.
4. Fiber optical cable is one such fascinating technology. Which uses the energy of light to transfer data and this light which is out, affects our eyes, this is also in a way the advantage of optical fiber for us.
5. Those who have to travel a long distance, i.e., in using the net, can use a cable of optical fiber, which helps a lot in connecting our net.
6. There are two types of optical fiber: the first is multimode optical fiber and the second is plastic mode optical fiber. In which multi-mode optical fiber is used for short-distance which we can call LAN local area network because which is used for short-distance because there is no signal interruption due to lack of long-distance signal.
So it is this type of optical fiber business people who do it in lesser areas. It is more beneficial for them because there is no interruption in any kind of signal due to having a nearby computer in it.
7. Now let us talk about the second optical fiber, whose name is plastic optical fiber. It is very good because first of all it is plastic and business people who use the net more distance can also use it because It does not have any kind of signal interruption.
8. Optical fiber is very safe as it is not involved with the power transfer data as it is transferred through the light of light so the fiber is much safer to handle.
9. Fiber optical cable is not affected by temperature changes or moisture. If lightning strikes, that lightning is not affected by the fiber optics.
10. Optical fibers are also less in weight compared to copper cables. Optical fiber can withstand more pressure than copper and has less breakage.
11. Optical fiber single wire has about 4.5 times more capacitance than copper because wire cable has a trans sectional area which is 30 times less.
This post is completely based on the advantages and disadvantages of optical fiber. In this post, the advantages of optical fiber and the disadvantages of optical fiber have been told on the basis of many things.
This post also explains how optical fiber can be beneficial. If you want to take optical fiber, then you should know its advantages as well as its disadvantages before taking it. Thanks for reading this post.